Reflection Comments


Unit 2 Reflection


On my first day of learning Unit 2, we were tasked with using Adobe Illustrator to draw a face, a hat and a burger. I found this a really interesting and engaging task. I found it a little bit tricky on this day as I had never used Adobe Illustrator before.

The next lesson we were showed some animal clip arts. It was our task to recreate three of these animals in Adobe Illustrator. The task was really helpful as it allowed me to develop my illustrator skills and learn new ways to do things in the programme.

Over the next few weeks and lessons we spent more time on trying to perfect our Illustrator skills. We did this by having to draw thing like Ice lollies, Shoes, Logos, creating wallpapers and drawing three items from our rooms. Each of these tasks were challenging in their individual ways depending on what the item was were trying to draw. Once I had completed all of these tasks I was now feeling confident in my skills with illustrator.

The next task that we proceeded onto was a task which involved presenting data. We started just using simple graphs in illustrator but eventually we had to display the data in a more visually appealing way. I used a cinema ticket in order to help me present some data on watch time. This was a really simple but effective idea.

After spending a lot of time with Illustrator we next moved onto Adobe After Effects, I was really happy about this as I have enjoyed playing around with After Effects in the past. This meant initially, when we where all being introduced to the basics I had no issue with it, as I had already taught myself this previously, in the past.

The first big task that we had to do in Adobe After Effects was to complete a recreation of the intro scene for the film 'The Man with the Golden Arm'. The first part of this was really easy for me, however when it came to animating the hand, this was a new learning curve for me.

The most latest task I am completing is with Kinetic typography. We are doing it to a short audio extract from frozen. In this project I have opted to experiment and try new and exciting things I have not done before to make it look as good as it can. I have consistently used a light blue colour to relate the colour of ice. I am using the Font Creo as it has a little cartoony twist to it, which fits the story and art syle of Frozen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Illustrator Animals

Is there a relationship between height and actor success?